Sunday 25 July 2010

Invaluable Help

One thing I found when starting to practice bonsai was the wealth of reading material available in both books and on the internet. Whilst this is great for learning about everything you need to, and finding inspiration through pictures, if you have a question there is little hope of a response. This is where the internet forum trumps the lot, through a forum you can ask a specific question and have it answered by experienced bonsai artists very quickly. The first forum I found on bonsai was called BonsaiHelp, unfortunately this site has closed down now for various reasons, however its core community has created an off-shoot forum of their own which is currently thriving. I find this forum to be the most important tool I have available to help me along with this hobby, and as a beginner in the art myself it is incredibly insightfull to listen to more experienced people talk about the subject and show off their collections. At first I was a more passive member, rarely posting questions but merely reading the wealth of information contained in other peoples topics. Now however, I take a much more involved role in the forum asking more questions and even on occasion trying to help other beginners with things I may have experienced too. The forum currently has over 300 members and many new posts each day, and I will continue to read and contribute as much as I can. I would just like to recommend the following site though to both beginners and more experienced bonsai artists due to the crucial help and enjoyment it has afforded me.

Give it a visit and say hello WeeTrees Bonsai Forum

2 comments:

Darkhorse said...

It really is the friendliest bonsai forum I have come across, and I found it via your blog.

Thanks mate :)

Lewis said...

You are right, it has a very friendly and knowledgable member base and it is great to be a part of it!

Glad you find it the same!