Monday 20 December 2010

Winter Weather

So this weekend the snow finally hit our area. On Friday night we had over a foot of snowfall, and it looks as if it is here to stay probably for a few weeks now, with consistent low temperatures! It is the most snow I have ever seen in our area and it has really transformed the look of the town. I have mentioned before that looking for inspiration for your bonsai within the naturally nude forms of the deciduous trees in winter is very useful. This seems to have been made even better by the snow, which sits either side of the branches, framing them so you can see the fine branch structure even better. I just hope the snow and very low temperatures aren't too much for some of my trees, only time will tell.

Here is a shot I took yesterday at a local park. It shows how somewhere I would normally take for granted has been transformed into something quite beautiful.

Winter Park

No comments: