Tuesday 2 November 2010

Southport Flower Show 2010

I completely forgot to post this up in August, but here we are, better late than never. August saw the arrival of the annual Southport Flower Show, a much anticipated event by myself and one that promised a good bonsai turnout. So I got my ticket and headed down on the Saturday, and I was not disappointed in the least. There were a number of different bonsai exhibit stands in the show tents from various clubs and societies. With some really great trees on show. The main one there was that of the National Bonsai Society who are actually based in Southport. This being my local club, I took this chance to introduce myself to some of the members there and enquire about attending the club. This was brilliant to have the chance to talk to some like-minded individuals and discuss bonsai face-to-face, instead of behind a PC monitor to which I was accustomed.

Here are a couple of trees from the show plus a link to the full set of images.


















































SLIDESHOW

Enjoy :)

No comments: