Tuesday 2 November 2010

Wood work #2

After the successful completion of my first bonsai wood work project earlier in the year, I was spurred on to try and create something again. Untill this point, all of the bonsai wire I owned was simply coiled up and lying in the bottom of a tool box, this was both impractical and unefficient. So I decided my next project would be to create something to tackle this problem, and this meant a wire caddy. I have seen many different types of wire caddy around on the internet and club meetings before, and I always liked the look of them. Rather than buying one I decided to break out the tools again, find some unwanted wood, and attempt to create another recycled project. I chose quite a simple design to ensure maximum ease during the creation process. I then gathered together bits of wood which were unwanted in the shed, these included items such as parts of an old chest of drawers, a cricket stump, and childs snooker cue, wind-break pole, amongst others.

So I took my time over a few days to measure, cut, and fix my wire caddy together, and this was the finished result.




I would like to point out, the finished article was not without imperfections, but overall I was pleased with the outcome and it's use. These recycling projects I have undertaken have been immensely rewarding, and also cost practically nothing, so it is worth a go!

No comments: